Well, there is not a single day that passes when Tesla didn’t have anything new. Tesla is always in the headlines these days, especially after the announcement of the self-driving cars. CEO Elon Musk is always onto something new. But even after the big decisions, here we bring you 12 secrets about the Tesla cars that you couldn’t imagine. And these are the things that make the Tesla cars so unique. Let us have a quick look at the secrets of the Tesla cars.
Secrets of Tesla cars
- In addition to model Y, Tesla will also bring a mini bus and semi-truck in future. We bet you had no idea about it. The mini bus and semi-truck will be all electric and fully automated without any drivers. The truck is presently in production, and as we speak, the self-driving hardware is being installed in the vehicles.
- Elon Musk wants the cars to be the perfect definition of sexy. It is why the models S, X, Y and Model 3 will be a part of the lineup of Project SEXY, which you can spell in S3XY. The final model of Tesla, Model Y will be an SUV.
- Elon Musk is a fan of Rainbows. While charging, if you press a button, it will turn the Tesla car-port flash in the rainbow colors. It looks fascinating.
- Also, it is pretty clear that Elon Musk is a fan of placing the Easter eggs in his cars. While you are driving, with one press it will look like you are driving down a rainbow road just like the Mario Kart.
- One more interesting thing about Tesla CEO is he just loves James Bond type cars. And this is why he turned the love for his James Bond films into an Easter egg. The Model S owners can hold the T button down. It will bring in the technician log on screen. And if you type “007”, it will transform the car into that infotainment center within the submersible Lotus Esprit S1 Car. It will also change the suspension of the car.
- In the year 2013, the Tesla Model S broke the National Highway Traffic Safety rule for the roof crush evaluation. The model attained 5.4 in the crash evaluation. That was pretty impressive since cars with drivers are ranked on a scale of 1-5 stars.
- In that same year, Tesla Model S became the first electric car ever, and it became the Motor Trend Car of the year. And this was the first electric car to get evaluated in 64 years of history.
- The new Easter eggs pay tribute to Elon Musk’s Space X ambitions. It is once again identical to the James Bond cars. You have to hold the T Button once again. You will get a request for an access code. But this time you will feel like you entered Mars. The reason is this technology turns on the Space X’s interplanetary transport system. The infotainment screen turns into a whole Red Planet.
- In 2016, the Model S became a first electric car that surpassed the range of 300 miles. It is one of the fastest cars considering the acceleration it has got according to the specs. The Tesla P100D that comes with a Ludicrous mode has got up to 315 miles. It allows the car to have an acceleration of 0-60 in only 2.5 seconds. It is the third fastest car produced by Tesla. The Tesla was just behind LaFerrari and Porche 918 Spyder.
- There are few other ways that the company tries to stay competitive too. For instance, it has got the glass offerings. In 2013, the Model S came up with the panoramic sunroof, and it was the largest panoramic sunroof of that time. It also announced that all-glass roof for the Model S. Elon Musk also announced that the company has got a new glass division that develops new glass tech for using it in the model 3. Musk also said that the corporation would also come up with solar roof cars.
- It is technically illegal to drive model X through the Brooklyn Bridge. The reason is Model X weighs more than 6000 pounds, and this exceeds the Brooklyn Bridge’s weight limit for cars (3 tons or 6000 lbs).
- The model X can have an excellent quality air operating room. This Model X was designed with Tesla’s Bioweapon defense mode. It uses HEPA (High-Efficiency particulate arresting) filters for neutralizing the harmful chemicals and pollution within the car’s cabin.