Xiaomi has revealed its spectacular Bezel-Less smartphone named Mi Mix in China last week. Xiaomi is renowned for its budget smartphones which are bundled with loads of features. But the company is now aiming to capture a premium section of customers by introducing series of phones with stellar features. One of the stellar devices which Xiaomi has unleashed from its arsenal is Mi Mix, which has stunned the experts with its bezel-less style and premium quality specs.
In this article, I have completely specified each feature of the phone, and after reading this article, you will surely know, that is Mi Mix your dream mobile or not. From the golden ring to what you will get inside the box has also been explained for your convenience. First, let us know the basics of the phone.
Basics of Mi Mix
Mi MIX phablet is encased in a full ceramic body which gives it a very elegant and classic look. The bezel-less display with a screen-to-body ratio of 91.3percent and 1300:1 contrast ratio is just a treat. The device has a humongous screen of 6.4 inches IPS LCD with a resolution of 2040×1080.
The phone is enchanted with current generation quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor. Furthermore, it is backed by the Adreno 530 GPU. It comes with 4GB or 6GB of RAM depending on which version you select. The Mi Mix has 128 GB internal memory which is not expandable(Premium version 256 GB).
The phone has an impressive rear-facing camera of 16MP and 5MP front-facing camera. The rear-facing camera also features f/2.0 aperture, EIS (gyro), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmellow with Xiaomi’s own MIUI on top of it. It is powered by a massive 4400mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery. Furthermore, the phone weighs 209 grams. The premium version has been encased with 18 karat gold rings around the camera and fingerprint sensor ring.
Mi Mix is enriched with all latest connectivity options such as 3G, 4G LTE, VoLTE for HD voice calling, Bluetooth, NFC, Infrared, OTG, FM, GPS and Wi-Fi 802.11ac, with USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer.
It is a dual SIM phone with both slots supporting 4G. Furthermore, the phone has sensors which include Compass, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, and Barometer.
- Big Screen: Bigger the screen, bigger the magic of watching cinema serials or playing games. In addition to that, it has a screen-to-body ratio of 91.3percent and 1300:1 contrast ratio which is spectacular.
- QHD Resolution: Phone has a stellar display of 2040*1080 which will enable you to watch HD 4K videos without any hindrance.
- Bezel Lessness: This bezel lessness has completely stunned the audience as no one knows where are the sensors. So, Xiaomi has just managed to circumvent their need by using a sonar-based sensor and by placing the speaker below the display and using ceramic vibrations to allow for the audio from a call to be heard. Everything else has been put on the screen.
- Humongous Memory: Phone comes with a solid memory of 128 GB and in premium version 256 GB, which is more than enough for storing your favorite movies, songs, and games.
- RAM: Phone comprises 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM based on versions, which is very suitable for running highly graphic games and improving the performance of the phone while multi-tasking.
- Show Off: Phone has 18 karat Gold rings around Camera and fingerprint circles, which just displays your lavish lifestyle and suits your standard.
- Strongly Built: The smartphone is also scratch-resistant and has been awarded 8.5 points on Mohs scale of hardness – iPhone 7 only rates as a 6.
- Availability Issue: This is a concept phone and will be manufactured in a very limited stock. Moreover, it will only be available in China, for other parts of the world it won’t be available.
- Carrying Issue: Practically carrying a 4-inch expensive rectangular slab is more of a headache than an advantage.
- Screen Display: Phone lacks in display due to the absence of AMOLED display, which can be a deal breaker.
- Camera: The color reproduction is felt weak when compared to iPhone 7 and Pixel. That’s why the phone can not compete with excellent range phone cameras.
- Design: Phone has been developed targeting the affluent section and not for students. Moreover, it has a very smooth body which makes it hard to hold.
- Useless Gold Ring: Gold ring which is meant to surround camera and fingerprint sensor will be encased in Leather case, no one can even see it.
- Price: The company is known for its budget-friendly technology, but this one is not that cheap. Phone price is $519, and premium version costs your pocket with $593.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone in Black color
- 2-pin (5V-2.5A/9V-2A/12V-1.5A) fast charger
- USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable
- Protective Case
- SIM ejector tool
- User manual
Xiaomi has tried to introduce a device which can compete in the premium segment by introducing stellar features, but the product fails to beat Pixel and iPhone 7 in quality. Even the availability of this phone is the greatest problem. Overall, if you are ready to spend some extra dollars for import and have a budget that does not allow you to buy iPhone 7 or Pixel, then you can try this phone.
[toggle title=”Xiaomi Mi Mix Specification” type=”close”]
|Display Size||6.40 Inch|
|Processor||Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821|
|Front Camera||5 MP|
|Rear Camera||16 MP|
|Screen Resolution||1080 x 2040|
|RAM||4GB (or) 6GB|
|Storage||128GB (or) 256GB|
You can give your review about this phone in the comment box.
For more information, visit this link.